Scripture to reflect upon: Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”
Today I challenge you to change the world! How? Well, I’m glad you asked.
· Open the door for people and keep it open for as long as necessary for others approaching· Smile all day!
· Say something nice—to yourself—three times daily!
· Speak only words of encouragement to others
· Send a text of encouragement to someone you haven’t talked to in a while
· Pay a toll for the car behind you
· Let someone in line behind you cut in front of you
· Hold your head up in public and look people in the eye instead of avoiding eye contact
· Pick and choose your battles wisely
· See someone in need? Ask if you can help!
· Stop doing “busy work” and instead relax or go play with your kids
· Spark up a conversation with a stranger
· Spark up a conversation with your spouse (significant other)
· If you’re single, choose to stop looking and let God find the right person for you instead
· Bake cookies and take some to your neighbor(s)
· Take your change and donate it
· No matter what happens today, do NOT complain about anything!
· If a friend, family member or spouse upsets you, instead of getting mad, tell them you love them—resist the urge to argue with them!
· Smile and wave at kids on the street as you’re driving by
· Challenge your friends and family to do these simple tasks, too!
Sometimes just a smile can make such a huge difference in someone’s life. You never know what they may be going through, and your spark of joy can trigger peace in their heart.
NOTE TO SELF: We are called to be a light in the world; and our light, through Christ Jesus, can change the world!